Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cheesy Apple-Mustard Sandwich


Cheesy Apple-Mustard Sandwich
I'd want to share this very simple recipe for everyone to enjoy even though I'd be inluding this on my future cafe/resto (fingers crossed).  :)   Chef Aris Frio, former sous chef of Basilio's at Global City, shared this recipe to me while we were making bite-size versions of this  for a function. Very cheap and very easy to prepare.  Just so you know, I don't usually measure my ingredients.  Simply base your preparation by instinct.  ;)
Ingredients:
  • Wheat or any loaf bread
  • Honey Dijon Mustard
  • Apple, thin slices
  • Brown sugar, 2-3 tbsp
  • Water, 5-8 tbsp
  • Butter
  • Cheese slices
Preparation:
In a saucepan, melt a tablespoon of butter.  Medium to low heat.  Add brown sugar and water.  Let it simmer then add apple slices.  Soften apples.  Set aside.
photo by thestraydrifter
Spread a small amount of mustard on bread.  Place apple slices on bread.  Add cheese.
Spread butter on the outer side of the sandwich or melt butter on a pan.  Toast it.  And voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment