Thursday, June 7, 2012

Apartment 1B

Backlog post..
May 24th.

Having had a positive mood that day due to Meet Manila's event the night before, I decided to have a second date with thy self.  It's kind of difficult asking friends and colleagues out these days so instead of experiencing another form of rejection from them, I opted to take a stroll in Ayala and have a gourmet lunch at Apartment 1B in Salcedo, Makati.

It was scorching hot and all I wanted was to have a good cold drink in a cold room.  As soon as I stepped in Apartment 1B, I was told that all tables were occupied and some of which were reserved, so my only option was to be seated right outside.  Since I was too hungry then, I conformed and immediately ordered Spaghetti Vongole, since I've had that dish before, and for dessert, I went for their Frozen Pie.






It didn't took them long to serve my pasta.  :)

Spaghetti Vongole Php 370

Basically, it contains manila clams, tomatoes, basil, white wine, olive oil and garlic.  Never eat clams or any shellfish if you're famished, it'll cause stomach ache.

I've had almost the same pasta dish at Bistro Ravioli in Glorietta but I liked it better, maybe because of bits of bacon that added the oomph and it's a seafood pasta so besides clams, it has squid, shrimp and mussels in it.  This dish was a-okay.  I'd give it an 8 out of 10 stars.  It's good for sharing, by the way, which is a major plus.


Frozen Pie Php 190




I love taking pictures of food, especially desserts!  They're just so cute!

Anyway, this frozen pie is good for two.  I wanted to only eat half of it but since it's made of vanilla ice cream, oreo crust, topped with chopped walnuts and drizzled caramel and chocolate, I think it's not a great idea having it in a bag with this kind of weather.  AND, it's way too good, I can't get enough of it.  I soon realized that I almost ate it all.  It's subtly sweet, which I super love, and everything's tight!  My Php 190 was well spent on this dessert.  Lovely.  10 stars for this!

Overall, Apartment 1B is not your typical restaurant.  It serves gourmet dishes so expect it to be somewhat expensive.  I absolutely love the ambiance, the attentiveness of its servers, and the food.  It was my second time at this restaurant and I'll definitely be coming back to try more of what they offer.




Apartment 1B Salcedo
G/F Unit 1-B, 132 One Lafayette Square
Leviste corner Sedeno St
Salcedo Village, Makati

No comments:

Post a Comment