Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Seared Dory with Soy-Garlic Mustard Greens

I was supposed to go to Quiapo today to purchase kitchen equipment and tools, and some baking ingredients, though the weather is quite gloomy and I don't want to risk traveling there by car as the place gets flooded quickly even with the slightest amount of rain.  So to make use of my spare time, I've decided to blog about this recipe that some of my friends and colleagues were asking for.  I've had this meal a couple of nights ago as my very late dinner.  Mustard greens and dory were the only items I have on the fridge, so I thought of making this quick meal before baking my queued cupcakes (orders).



Ingredients:

1 slob of dory
5 tbsp all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsps canola oil

2 bundle of mustard greens
2-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
pinch of salt
2 cups water
1-2 tbsps soy sauce
*1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
pepper to taste


Procedure:


  1. Heat pan in medium.  Add oil.
  2. On a different saucepan, bring water to a boil.  Add crushed garlic.
  3. Cut dory in half or on how many pieces you prefer.  Salt dory.  
  4. On a plate, add flour and a pinch of salt.  Mix.
  5. Dredge dory into flour.
  6. Sear dory.  (Sear, meaning, frying on little amount of fat).
  7. Add mustard greens on boiling water with garlic.  Cook for 1-2 minutes until it enhances its color.
  8. Turn over dory.  Set aside once cooked.
  9. Transfer the mustard greens to the frying pan along with the garlic, add a tablespoon or two of the boiled water, soy sauce, and (optional) brown sugar.  Stir fry.  Pepper to taste.  If it's too salty, add extra water from the pot.
  10. Plate dory and mustard greens.  Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment