Sunday, August 18, 2013

No Longer Safe In My Town

I'm having doubts whether to share this experience publicly or not.  My intention is not to have people feel sorry or worried for me, but for them to be aware of what's happening around.  I want them to be vigilant.  As much as I want to keep where I reside a secret, I just have to share it now because these things can happen anywhere.  My town is unknown to most people, but that doesn't mean that it is safe.

--

Last Friday, August 16, 2013, around 1:30AM, I experienced a possible abduction or getting mugged (again) in front of our house in Rosario, Cavite.

As I was driving along Sunrise Subdivision-Mount Sea Resort, a white Crosswind was moving at 10kph. The vehicle is heavily tinted, so I was assuming that the driver or the people inside it were on the lookout for some prostitutes in the area, or texting, or have girls inside the vehicle and who knows what they're doing.  So I passed by them and drove to our house, which is just less than a minute away.  I parked in front of our gate, pressed on hazard, then locked the car as I have to get inside our home to leash the dogs and open the gate.  I noticed that the vehicle I overtook earlier parked at PLDT, which is just two houses away from us.  I ignored it but felt uneasy, but still went in our house.  Just so you know, my sister and brother-in-law were at home at that time but they were sleeping.  As soon as I reached back to the car, stood on the driver side, I noticed that the white Crosswind was no longer at PLDT.  When I was about to insert the key to open the car door, I noticed on my right peripheral that there was a moving object and when I looked at it, it was the same vehicle that was driving towards me with headlights OFF.  That's when I realized that this would be a possible abduction or hold-up.  I quickly ran inside our home, closed the gates, locked it as well and went to my sister's house to ask for help.  As I was experiencing anxiety attack at that time, I can't breathe normally and I felt like fainting so I wasn't able to scream.  My brother-in-law got up, leashed our dog with him and we both went outside to observe if the vehicle was still there.  Good thing that there were a group of kids who were passing by as well as private cars.  That's when we immediately opened the gate and I parked the car in our garage.  We went outside right after to check if the white Crosswind was around, and I saw it hiding at Motortrade with its hood visible in between the light post.  It is now parked facing PLDT.  I asked my brother-in-law not to go near it as they may have guns with them.

Everything went fast, so I wasn't able to see the vehicle's plate number.  We weren't able to report it as well since I was trying to recuperate from my anxiety attack, and we all have work to focus on the next day.

This is the very first time that this incident happened to me.  But I've experienced being mugged at gunpoint back in October 14, 2010 right in front of our house by a stranger in his motorbike.  Other than that, there's this another stranger who kept asking for "donations" for different reasons since 2010 like there's a death in the family (to which I granted him a little amount of money, Php 100), claiming he's our 'basurero' and he just needed funding for LIGA or his fellow basurero died or sick, and so many other 'reasons'.  Because we were totally pissed off, I sketched him at one time, then later took a photo of him.  That's when he never showed his face for months and went back just three weeks ago, asking for 'abuloy' again.  This time he told us that the baranggay captain told him to go to us and seek help.  We're not milking money here.  We are not even rich and have serious debts to pay.  We just happen to live in a nice house that our parents worked their ass of for.  And who the hell is the barangay captain that we don't know of?  He was more aggressive this time, even had the guts to use a kind of tone that surely provoked us to mess with him with words.

I know that the stranger who has been asking for money is not related with the possible abduction/entrapment incident, but I would just like the local government to be aware of what's going on in this part of the community and have police visibility around the area 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment