Monday, January 16, 2012

HMUA-and-all-that Day

November 2011 shoot.

--

When I was still with my previous company, I had the chance to know some of my colleagues who are into fashion, photography and make-up.  As I'm interested on the said aspects, I asked my former boss to do a collaborative photoshoot as I wanted to help a colleague whom I had the chance to work with way back in August of 2011.  Her name is  Angelyn, a college student from De La Salle College of Saint Benilde.  We get to work as talents on a TV commercial that was, unfortunately, shown only in Dubai.

Because I was so fascinated about Anj's talent and beauty, I asked her to come model for a fun shoot as I did the hair, make-up and styling while my former boss worked as the photographer.  It's much more of an ex-deal as we all are going to benefit from this shoot for our portfolios.

On the day of the shoot, we first went to a talent agency where my boss was connected.  Anj and I went for a VTR for, you know, a sideline on the industry, then we headed straight to citruSnap studio.  The studio was big.  I was expecting a small room with lights and rolled backdrops.  The studio was too spacious, it reminds me of those films or ANTM where an indoor shoot is taking place.

Days before, I coordinated with Anj and asked her to bring different kinds of clothes for the shoot.  She did brought some and I've managed to style it to look more posh.

For the first set, Bugi (the photographer) wanted beauty shots.  So I let Anj wear her tube dress just to show off her neck and shoulders.  I then applied day make-up/natural look for this look.

natural make up look for head shot
head shot

Due to Anj's amazing poses, Bugi and I were so hooked on shooting so many frames, in different angles and didn't realized that we're almost running out of time.  The make up that I applied next was a  darker eye shadow since I believe it would suit all the other clothes that Anj brought.

applying dark eye make up on Anj

There are too many beautiful shots to choose from, that's why I'm having a hard time picking the best ones to include here on the collage.  So I'm posting a series of it.  Beautiful!  I motivated her on some points to look more edgy.  She did GREAT!  I'm a fan.  :)




For these next set of clothes, I lent Anj my yellow thing (I don't know what it is called) and my belt.  She's now like Forever 21's model.




And her last set...



I felt like Tyra Banks on this shoot.  It was great working with Anj and Bugi.

We wrapped things up and I invited Anj to have dinner at Mary Grace in Greenbelt 3.  I hope there'll be another collaborative work next time--with fashion designers involved and set designers too.  And I'm hoping I get to have the chance doing the photography itself.


<3


--

Day / Natural Make-up Look
L'Oreal:
True Match N4-5 Light/Medium Neutral Concealer
True Match N3 (Natural Buff) Foundation
Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Eye Shadow

Maybelline:
Clear Smooth All in One Shine Free Cake Powder (Nude beige)
Color Bloom Pink Lip Balm

Catwalk Cosmetics:
Soft Pink Blush

Ellana:
Light Roast Bronzer


Edgy Look
Catwalk Cosmetics 18-color eyeshadow & blush palette:
Rose blush
Black Noir eye shadow
Copper eye shadow
Cocoa Brown eye shadow

L'Oreal:
True Match N4-5 Light/Medium Neutral Concealer
True Match N3 (Natural Buff) Foundation
Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Eye Shadow
Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara

Maybelline:
Clear Smooth All in One Shine Free Cake Powder (Nude beige)
Color Bloom Pink Lip Balm

Elite Cosmetics Paris:
Primer

Ellana Minerals:
Light Roast Bronzer

NYX:
Rose Bouquet round lipstick (??? Anj, correct me if I'm wrong)

Fanny Serrano:
Gel eyeliner, black


No comments:

Post a Comment